I love self help books. They are filled with strange human systems and ideas. I also hate them. There is usually a small seed of an idea that is broken down and then blown out over hundreds of pages. More often than not, the author could have explained everything you needed to know in a small brochure. Here are some of my self-help book ideas. Please send me your fake book cover illustrations if you feel inspired (see below):
Note: This list was created using the patented 10 Ideas In Ten Minutes™ creative method. (You can read about it in my Creative Method and Systems presentation, slide 97)
- Don’t Be A Clippy - How to help people without becoming really, really annoying
- The Third Place - Working from Starbucks and other stories of caffeinated entrepreneurship
- The Holy Bible (Star Wars Edition featuring the NEW! Book of Jedi)
- [Update Available] - Living with perpetual iterations of self, society, and socialmedia
- The Off Button - When to turn off, tone down, and go out
- Living in Your Car for Fun and Profit!
- WTF is Wednesday Thursday Friday? - Web acronyms made easy
- The Porno Diet - Master weight problems by thinking about sex
- It’s All About You - The world’s first personalized print-on-demand non-fiction best-seller (featuring everything we could dig up on you and your friends through social media websites)
- 15 Minute Warning - How the desire for instant fame is creating a generation of disillusionment
Email me your fake book covers for these fake books and I will publish my favourites here later.
Posted via email from Jason Theodor’s Creative Method and Systems Channel | Comment »